Friday, November 26, 2010

Chapter 23: The Yule Ball - Part 1

Just when I thought that I was about to go crazy with all of the school assignments, study abroad preparations, car issues, summer internship worries, and more - a facebook message came to me.

What did it say??

My school is going to have a Yule Ball on December 4th. That's right - straight out of Chapter 23 of Harry-Freakin-Potter and the Goblet of Fire. A Yule Ball in The Great Hall. (Yes, my school has a Great Hall...I swear I live at Hogwarts of the South). I'm SUPER excited.

I wish I had tons of dinero to buy new dress robes or a new dress for that matter - but my old, fancy dress and polyvore will have to do the trick. I'll be creating looks based off of the different Hogwarts houses and their colors for the next few blog posts on what I would wear!

First up -

Slytherin
The Yule Ball Slytherin

Rachel Gilbert - Pearla Silver Sequin Evening Gown



When I take Hogwarts House Sorting quizzes I often get either Slytherin or Gryffindor. I love the symbolism of the snake from the Slytherin house and from Voldy and the Death Eaters so I decided to do it first. I fell head over heels in love with this emerald green Dolce and Gabbana dress and I think it would be really cool the Death Eaters ring. The super sparkly Rachel Gilbert dress also caught my eye. I think that dress with a green clutch would be wonderful. 
What is your favorite Hogwarts House? What would you wear to a Yule Ball?

3 comments:

  1. i made that sandwich..and it sucked. haha.

    i love that dress, the green one. well actually both of them are beautiful. i wish my school had done that! lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARRY POTTER!!! lol

    thanks for your comment on my hair post. Its true. A lot of people really don't understand what it's like to have black hair, how to work with it, or what the pressure is like from society to change or not change it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love keeping up with fellow bloggers so leave a link for me to follow or follow me and I'll follow you. :)