Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dear Time and Money , Wait....come baaaaack!!!

Time: I'm running out of it here in Rome, but I'm kinda happy about it.

I miss my house, the fam, and my friends... and like, America. The European lifestyle is nice, but give me a place where I can buy a $1 sweet tea with a credit card and not get judged over la dolce vita (which is quite slow and expensive) any day!
I must say, I have had such a wonderful time in Rome. It has been a learning experience above all else in how to appreciate my culture, the culture of others, and history.

Even though finals are approaching, I'm still procrastinating from doing work, like hardcore procrastinating, and instead reading manga and watching anime like nobody's business.
I blew through 40+ chapters of an amazing manga called Deadman's Wonderland.

No seriously, It's AMAZING. Action + sci-fi (which I'm not normally into) + thriller + crime-drama + a bit of mystery. It hasn't been finished yet, so I can't tell you how the ending is, but WOW has it blown me away so far.
Plus, it's currently being made into an anime for those who would rather watch than read. Check it out - here is a synopsis...(taken from RandomC.net - where I always go for anime updates :P)
Let me know if you read it already or are going to start or watch the show. I would LOVE to fan-girl about it with you. Seriously, read it or watch it.

Money: I'm also running out of it here in Rome, but I'm NOT happy about it at all.
I'm so excited to be able to earn my own money back in the states and have $1 = $1 and not .67 of the local currency. (CURRENCY EXCHANGE FAIL = DEPRESSING AS $#@!)

I've recently become obsessed with the concept of ballet espadrilles. Who invented this genius shoe? It has the summery fun feeling of an espadrille with the beauty and femininity of a ballet flat. I can just imagine paring a beautiful red pair with a nautical striped dress and running around by a lake or something.
I found a PERFECT red pair... (couldn't get a good pic of it alone)
 

but they're $325. WHATTT??? *Le sigh*

I hope you all are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love keeping up with fellow bloggers so leave a link for me to follow or follow me and I'll follow you. :)